Memorial Day or Decoration Day is a government holiday in the United States for recollecting the general population who died while serving in the nation’s military. The holiday, which is presently, celebrated each year on the last Monday of May and this year it will be celebrated on May 28, 2018. The holiday was celebrated on May 30 from 1868 to 1970. The holiday, from most recent to soonest, is somewhat more prone to fall on May 30, May 28 or May 25 than on May 27 or May 26, and marginally less inclined to happen on May 31 or May 29. Numerous individuals visit graveyards and memorials, especially to respect the individuals who have died serving the military. Numerous volunteers put an American banner on each grave in national burial grounds. People generally visit the families affected and wish them Happy Memorial Day. Best Happy Memorial Day Messages Thank You Sentiments, memorial day tribute Messages, Wreath & remembrance lines.
Happy Memorial Day Messages Thank You
- As we stand here looking
At the flags upon these graves
Know these flags represent
A few of the true American brave
- Memorial Day is a time to
Honour, reflect, and remember
Those who’ve made the
The ultimate sacrifice for their country.
- A gift for such a little while
your loss just seems so wrong
you should not have left before us
it’s with loved ones you belong.
You should visit this – Memorial Day Thank You Quotes
- Our thoughts are ever with you
Though you have passed away.
And those who loved you dearly
Are thinking of you today.
- And I’m proud to be an American,
Where at least I know I’m free.
And I won’t forget the men who died,
Who gave that right to me.
- They fought for their Country
As man has through all of the time
Except that these soldiers lying here
Fought for your country and mine
- Praise the military men and women
We have lost and continue to pray and
Support our military men and women
Who are still out there keeping us safe
- May this year’s Memorial Day bring you good
memories of those you have lost.
We are forever grateful for their service
to our country and our people.
- My fellow Americans,
Ask not what your country can do for you,
Ask what you can do for your country.!
Happy Memorial Day
- On Memorial Day, let us honor those who
gave their lives for our country.
My warmest wishes on
Memorial Day 2018 and deepest gratitude
for the ultimate sacrifice of our fallen heroes.
- Let us never forget how brave and honorable those who
died in wars for the United States of America were.
Their courage and dedication will inspire generations
to come to lead a life those heroes fought for.
- Memorial Day is the day to remember our blessings
And I’m sending warm wishes to one of mine!
Celebrating with you the spirit of our great nation the USA
And thinking of you on Memorial Day and Always
- Warm wishes to you and your family on Memorial Day.
Our deepest gratitude goes to the fallen men and women
who gave us a chance to make this world a better place.
Check this– Memorial Day 2018 Special
Memorial Day Messages Remembrance
- They were smart, handsome and died young, all for us. Salute to our fallen stars.
- If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English.Thank a soldier.
- They never came back, their silence lives on.
- May we never forget that this freedom came at the price of toil and blood.
- Death is truth and no one can heal but the only memories we can keep.
- Memorial Day this year is especially important as we are reminded almost daily of the great sacrifices that the men and women of the Armed Services make to defend our way of life.- Robin Hayes
- Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay, but we can honor their sacrifice.- John F. Kennedy
- The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender or submission.- John F. Kennedy
- It doesn’t take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle.- General Norman Schwarzkopf Jr
- A man’s country is not a certain area of land, of mountains, rivers, and woods, but it is a principle and patriotism is loyalty to that principle.
- There was nothing macho about the war at all. We were a bunch of scared kids who had a job to do.- E. R. Sledge
- To our men and women in uniform, past, present, and future, God bless you and thank you.
- A true hero isn’t measured by the size of his strength, but by the strength of his heart. – Hercules
- Honor to the soldier and sailor everywhere, who bravely bears his country’s cause. Honor, also, to the citizen who cares for his brother in the field and serves, as he best can, the same cause. -Abraham Lincoln
- “Valor is stability, not of legs and arms, but of courage and the soul.” — Michel de Montaigne
- “Regard your soldiers as your children, and they will follow you into the deepest valleys. Look on them as your own beloved sons, and they will stand by you even unto death!” -Sun Tzu
- “My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place–police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces.” — Sidney Sheldon
- “The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here, have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here.” — Abraham Lincoln
- For the veteran, thank you for bravely doing what you’re called to do so we can safely do what we’re free to do
- Never was so much owed by so many to so few –Winston Churchill
- Honoring the sacrifices many have made for our country in the name of freedom and democracy is the very foundation of Veterans Day. -Charles B. Rangel
- As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them. -John Fitzgerald Kennedy
- Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it… it flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it
- “Better than honor and glory, and History’s iron pen, Was the thought of duty done and the love of his fellow-men.” — Richard Watson Gilder
- “Our veterans accepted the responsibility to defend America and uphold our values when duty called.” –Bill Shuster”
- “How important it is for us to recognize and celebrate our heroes and she-roes!” — Maya Angelou
- To those in uniform serving today and to those who have served in the past, we honor you today and every day.
- My heroes are those who risk their lives every day to protect our world and make it a better place — police, firefighters, and members of our armed forces. -Sidney Sheldon
- On this Veterans Day, let us remember the service of our veterans, and let us renew our national promise to fulfill our sacred obligations to our veterans and their families who have sacrificed so much so that we can live free. – Dan Lipinski
- “The willingness with which our young people are likely to serve in any war, no matter how justified, shall be directly proportional to how they perceive the Veterans of earlier wars were treated and appreciated by their nation.” — President George Washington
Also, Visit– Memorial Day Sayings